Memorial Day Thank You Quotes and Sayings with Inspirational Images
Memorial Day Thank you Message 2023 – Welcome again to our website. Here, we’re writing some of the great and sublime collections on Memorial Day Thank You Quotes & Messages 2023 for our readers. You already liked our previous article related to “Quotes & Poems” here. So today here we have some new and awesome collections on memorial day message 2023. US Memorial Day is the time of Patriotic time for country peoples. People celebrate Memorial Day with parties, functions and memorial day events. In this day Peoples remember those heroes of their country who have sacrificed their lives for our nation. Just share these Memorial Day Thank You messages 2023 with your friends and other loving ones.
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
- On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation! ~ Thomas William Parsons
- “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” — H. Norman Schwarzkopf
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” — Mark Twain Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~ From a headstone in Ireland best memorial Day Message
Table of Contents
Best and Famous Memorial Day Thank You Quotes & Messages 2023
Quotes and quotation photos are a very good way to thank people. They inspire and motivate people to take actions. To motivate and improve in their life. Memorial day 2023 is one occasion where people need to create awareness and thank our US military soldiers . Patriotic Sayings and Quotations about the soldiers will certainly help to thank them on memorial day 2023.
When is Memorial Day 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025?
Famous Memorial Day Quotations
“Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.” – Wallace Bruce
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
“As I approach the gates of heaven;
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I’ve served my time in hell.” – Mark Anthony Gresswell
“Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.” – Pete Hegseth
“With the tears a Land hath shed.
Their graves should ever be green.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
” Heroism is latent in every human soul. However humble or unknown, they (the veterans) have renounced what are accounted pleasures and cheerfully undertaken all self-denials; privations, toils, dangers, sufferings, sicknesses, mutilations, life-long hurts and losses, death itself ? For some great good, dimly seen but dearly held.” – Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
“On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” – Thomas William Parsons
“My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
“137 years later, Memorial Day remains one of America’s most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed – it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy.” – Doc Hastings
“Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.” – Robin Hayes
“Thank You for the deed you did, thank you for serving the nation in the difficult time, thank you for keeping us safe from all the troubles. Its because of all the soldiers we are living a peaceful life. Thank you for everything.”– Anonymous
“Soldiers are real superheroes we have in our lives. It’s beneath them all the superheroes like batman, superman, flash and everyone live. Hats off to every soldier on this earth. “ – Anonymous
“Soldiers have to fight two battles continuously in their life. One on the field ( in the fights ) and the second off the field ( family life) and have to win both continuously. A grand Salute to them. Thank You” – Anonymous
Inspirational Memorial day 2023 sayings
Memorial Day 2023 is on 29th May and we all will be celebrating it by sending thank you quotes and sayings to all to honor all those in the military who has sacrificed their life for the country. Remember, it’s a day to remember the soldiers who live and die for their country so, it’s your duty to pay the tribute to them by doing something.
Sending memorial day quotes and sayings to your soldier friends and family is one of the ways to create awareness among people and pay a little tribute to the soldiers. Another big question is about to wish people happy memorial day or not? What do you think about?
We have of freedom, all we use or know, this our fathers bought for us long and long ago.
The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem.
The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree.
Ah! never shall the land forget.
Who kept the faith and fought the fight;The glory theirs, the duty ours.
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
“As America celebrates Memorial Day,
We pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars. My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.
The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
I would rather be remembered by a song than by a victory.
137 years later, Memorial Day remains one of America’s most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed – it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy.
Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars.
Memorial Day Quotes For Soldier Friends
It’s a time today to honor our fallen heroes. We’re forever indebted to their families. We are always grateful to their families. We are with you in this pain. Ceremonies are important but our gratitude has to be more than visits to the troops and once a year memorial day ceremonies we honor the dead best by treating the living well…
- Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. – By JOHN F. KENNEDY
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. – By MARK TWAIN
- I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country. – By NATHAN HALE
- There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America. – By BILL CLINTON
- I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism. – By BOB RILEY
- They hover as a cloud of witnesses above this Nation. – By HENRY WARD BEECHER
- Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours. – By WALLACE BRUCE
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. – By JOSEPH CAMPBELL
- The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree. – By THOMAS CAMPBELL
- The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example – By BENJAMIN DISRAELI (EARL OF BEACONSFIELD)
Thank You veterans messages
1. Give your time at a nearby Veterans Affairs hospital as a volunteer.
2. Have a meal with those Veterans
This memorial day 2016 when you visit a veteran in a hospital or anywhere, take some good food with you and share it with the veteran’s to show them that they are not alone.
3. Shakehand and Thank them straight when you meet them.
There’s something so basic yet so touching about simply shaking the hand and offering an expression of gratitude to a military administration part whenever you see them in uniform.
4. Write them a Letter of Gratitude.
Write them a letter or care package expressing gratitude toward them for their services. Associations like Any Soldier and Operation Gratitude have all the data that you might need. You just have to make a consideration package and send it to a veteran.
5. Help a homeless veteran by donating to foundations that help them to get services.
Tragically a few veterans are homeless or unemployed because of inconspicuous circumstances. Kindly make the best decision and bail a homeless veteran out rather than not doing anything if you have enough funds. You can also raise charity for this purpose and provide to the foundations.
6. Help out families of overseas veterans by giving your time.
There’s in no way like a spouse of a veteran who turns into a solitary guardian getting a few hours of “individual time” to go out and deal with herself without agonizing over her youngsters. Give yourself the opportunity to help by reducing the burden. Likewise, give yourself the chance to help such a guardian by simply being there for them as they manage nervousness and anxiety of having their child abroad in the season of peace or struggle.
7. Write to your Congressman and/or Senator to bolster bills to help veterans.
Veterans need assistance with rearrangement to regular citizen life and returning back to their family and companions in the wake of serving our nation abroad. Veterans need help with physical requests after an arrangement. A few veterans likewise manage maladjustment from PTSD and other mental ailments and need assistance managing those.
Some Other Small Ways To Thank Veterans.
- 1. Donate to the USO.
- 2. Place flowers or flags on the graves of veterans.
- 3. Help a homeless veteran through VA services.
- 4. Teach your children about Memorial Day and Veterans Day and tell them how grateful we should be for the service of our soldiers.
- 5. Attend Memorial Day Parade.
- 6. Volunteer for the Wounded Warrior Project.
- 7. Go to your local war memorial and say a silent thank you to those who died while serving the country.
- 8. Fly a flag, correctly.
- 9. Ask veterans about their service.
- 10. Offer to babysit for a military spouse. They need a night off too.
Responses from the Veterans
Now here are some of the responses that Veterans themselves gave when asked how we should thank them.
As we told you, a simple handshake can be a good way to thank the veteran and so is Mr. Ryan Kaufman’s view.
“Welcome home with a handshake is enough for me. Please do not place me on a pedestal.” — Ryan Kaufman, U.S. Army veteran
These words by Mr. Shawn VanDiver is so true, until and unless we do not recognize their services we can never be able to appreciate it.
“The best way people can thank us for our service is by engaging the military and veterans communities in meaningful ways. Recognizing their sacrifice and taking meaningful action to ensure that the promises made to us when we entered service are kept.” — Shawn VanDiver, U.S. Navy veteran
Veterans do their service, and we should focus on ours, that’s what Mr. Brock Young wants in return for the service that veterans provide to the citizens.
“When asked how to someone should thank me for my service, I respond simply: learn the Constitution, get informed, and vote accordingly. Don’t allow the rights that veterans fought, died, and bled for, to be voted away or limited due to ignorance, laziness, or a sheep mentality. If you want to do something more substantial you can always support Soldiers in need, donate to charities that support Veterans, or find a local Guard or Reserve unit for your company to adopt.” — Brock Young, U.S. Army veteran, Army National Guardsman
These were some of the words by our veterans which must have given you a good idea as to how you should show gratitude to them on this Memorial Day 2023.
Thank you so much for reading till the end. Hope you liked our collection.